Cupuacu (pronounced: Coo-pa-a-sue) Butter is from the Amazon rainforest and comes from the fruit of the Cupuacu tree. The sweet, sour, fruity aroma is considered pleasant. Cupuacu butter is a natural emulsifier and will absorb up to 4 times its weight in water.
Cupuacu Butter Benefits:
- Skin hydrator/plumper
- Improves moisture levels and skin elasticity
- Provides natural sun protection by absorbing UVA/UVB rays
- Antioxidant properties protect skin against environmental damage
- Offers thickness not stiffness to formulas
- Anti-inflammatory - Great for anti-aging products, creams, lotions, scrubs, lip products, hair and scalp conditioners.
Average Melt Point: 86 degrees F
SAP NaOH .138, SAP KOH .193
Physical Form: Light Yellow Solid
Solubility: Insoluble in Water
Country of Origin: Brazil
DIRECTIONS: Slowly stir melted product into the oil portion of your formulation. Common use levels are lip products 5-100%, cold process soap 3-6%, lotions and creams 2-5%, conditioners 1-3%. Can be applied directly to the skin.
TIPS: The average melting point for the butter is 90-98°F. Butters provide moisturizing properties to products. To minimize greasy after feel we recommend blending with 1-3% cornstarch or isopropyl myristate. Test your final product to ensure optimal performance.
International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients (INCI): Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter Common Name Ingredient Listing (FDA Approved): Cupuacu Butter