Father’s Day is quickly approaching and what better time than now to make beard balm! Beard balm helps to soften, seal and protect a man’s beard it can also help the skin underneath stay moisturized!
Skill Level: Easy
Duration: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 oz. recipe, can multiply out for bigger quantities
- 28 grams Jojoba Oil
- 20 grams Hempseed Oil
- 12 grams Argan Oil
- 5 grams Sweet Almond Oil
- 5 grams Avocado Oil
- 20 grams Beeswax
- 3 grams Vitamin E
- 24 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 12 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- 12 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 1. Weigh and combine Jojoba Oil, Hempseed Oil, Argan Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Avocado Oil and Beeswax in the small pouring pitcher and place on heat to melt. Measure each oil individually and then add to the pouring pitcher.
- 2. Once beeswax is fully melted stir the mixture together and take off the heat. Once the mixture starts to cool add the Vitamin E and Essential Oils. It is important to add the essential oils at a lower temperature since they are volatile oils and heat can kill off some of their properties.
- 3. Stir mixture and pour into container! Let sit for 24 hours to cool then cap.
Why We Choose These Ingredients:
Jojoba Oil - Treats dry hair from follicle out
Hempseed Oil - Increases blood flow to create a healthier stronger hair follicle
Argan Oil - Conditions and softens, helps to prevent split ends and frizz
Sweet Almond Oil - Softens and shines
Grapeseed Oil - Treats dandruff, softens, nourishes and strengthens hair, stimulates follicles
Avocado Oil - Stimulates follicles for healthy hair growth
Beeswax - Needed to harden the mixture, also seals and protects the hair
Vitamin E - Keeps oils fresher also great for the skin
Cedarwood, Rosemary and Lemon essential oils were chosen to give a more masculine smell. These oils help to treat dandruff and dry skin, unclog pores and follicles and contain circulatory benefits which can help with hair growth.